Our speciality has always been bespoke timber gates, whether a farmhouse design for a driveway or a simple tongue and groove side gate, delivered and installed across Sussex, Hampshire and Surrey.
Providing homeowners with a quality supplied product
Established in the 1970s, Carters Gates has always been about providing homeowners with a quality supplied product, as a kit they are able to assemble, that perfectly fits their property.
All too often standard sized gates leave awkward gaps or compromises that need some kind of fix, with Carters you get a gate that fits your home, made in any timber you want.
Our range of gates
You can see some images of our range of gates below, covering most of the popular styles and designs our customers most often look for, including;
Tongue and groove side entrance gates
Five bar farmhouse yeoman and field gates
Timber garden and driveway gates
Pairs of feathered edge side entrance gates
Hardwood driveway gate
Hardwood entrance gates complete with timber wall plates
Heathfield entrance gate
Heathfield Style Gates Supply and fit new drive gates complete with Oak timber gate posts
Palisade entrance gate
Palisade Style Gates - Supply and fit new drive gates complete with timber wall plates
Curved style five bar gate
Curved style five bar entrance gate in oak
Pair of garage doors
TGV Garage Doors - Pair of treated softwood garage barn doors
Bi-fold softwood gates
Pair of Bi folding tongue and groove gates in treated Softwood onto Steel posts
Palisade gate in treated Softwood
Side entrance gate
Tongue and groove side entrance gate
Shaped entrance gates
Front view of a shaped top - TGV gate in treated Softwood
Chichester style gate
Supply and fit Hardwood Entrance gates complete with new Oak gate posts, all timber stained Black
Framed ledged and braced entrance gates supply and fit, complete with timber wall plates
Curved top entrance gate
Supply and fit new drive gates complete with Oak timber gate posts
Delivering throughout most of East and West Sussex Hampshire and Surrey
We deliver and install our timber gates to customers throughout most of East and West Sussex, Hampshire and Surrey including Angmering, Worthing, Brighton, Haslemere, Horsham, Crawley, Haywards Heath, Cranleigh, Aldershot, Farnham, Southampton, Portsmouth, Burgess Hill, Newhaven, Lewes, Uckfield, Eastbourne, Crowborough, Tunbridge Wells, Horley, Caterham, Leatherhead, Guildford, Steyning, Storrington, Arundel, Bognor Regis, Chichester, Midhuyrst, Petersfield, Godalming, Havant and Fareham.
Firstly I would like to thank you for choosing one of our timber products which should serve you well for many years to come.
- Please remember that as wood was a natural living product it will have variable characteristics once used in a timber structure.
- The timber will have variable Colour, grain pattern and will contain different levels of knots, this we think all adds to uniqueness of timber products.
- Timber will react to variable temperatures and to variable moisture levels in the atmosphere.
- These variations may lead to timber movement, either shrinkage or expansion, and can also lead to shakes (timber cracks) appearing in the timber, shakes and movement are in no way detrimental to the timber product structure.
- We make every effort to obtain the best quality products we can to minimize these things occurring, but once installed we have no control as to how the timber will react in the future.
- Ongoing regular maintenance of the timber is necessary and will help prolong the longevity and stability of the product once installed, applying a good preservative or sealant will help with this.
- All the timber gates we supply are constructed with traditional mortise and tenon joints, and have support braces fitted.
- The gates are offered with a 2 year workmanship warranty covering the frame jointing and cladding Fixtures.
- We do not offer any warranty or guarantee against timber movement, either expansion or shrinkage and also against timber shakes (splitting).
Please note that these points apply to any timber item that we supply.